vedic culture in english quiz, In this article, 25 quizzes have been made on the basis of Vedic culture. SSC Mat. Practicing questions asked in competitive exams like RRB, CDS, ASM/GG, SSC CPO SI, BPSC, UPPCS, UPSC, SgPSC, MPPSC etc.
Vedic Culture (1500BC-600BC) [Vedic Culture (1500 BC-600 BC)] Ancient Indian History (Ancient Indian History) is a very important subject from examination point of view. We are going to share the set of 25 multiple choice questions in this post. Complete all the practice sets of this topic provided by Google quizzes. The GK questions in this post “Vedic Culture GK Questions Set 1” are very useful for various government exams.
UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking, State PSC, CDS, NDA, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, Patwari, Samvida, Police, SI, CTET, TET, Army, MAT, CLAT, NIFT, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, CET, Vyapam e.t.c. General Knowledge or General Knowledge is very important section to crack any exam.
In this section we are providing GK Questions in Hindi and in another section GK Questions in English. These online quizzes include previous year asked questions in various government exams, so practice at least one set of each topic daily in these Online GK Test Hindi. Also get all other subjects GK questions and answers in MCQ format from Google Quiz.
Both Rigvedic and post-Vedic periods are found in Vedic culture. The early period of the Aryans in India is the Rigvedic period. The Aryans have a steppe between Russia and Central Asia. The Aryans were a group of people who had a common language, not a single caste. The Aryans came to India through the Khyber Pass. Time of arrival of Aryans in India etc. S. The past is the time before about 1500 AD. The Aryans came to India in different groups at different times. Vedas were composed during this period, hence it is called Vedic period.
vedic culture in englsih quiz : part-1 (25 Quiz)
SSC Mat. Click on the start button below to get the summary (practice questions) of questions asked in competitive exams like RRB, CDS, ASM/GG, SSC CPO SI, BPSC, UPPCS, UPSC, SGPSC, MPPSC etc.
Rigvedic period (1500 BCE to 1000 BCE):
- The first book of Aryans was Rigveda.
- The social system of this period was patriarchal. But the place of women was important.
- The Aryans used to address their enemies or the original inhabitants of India as dasyus/dasas.
- Aryans were the first to bring horses and saw wheels to India.
- Aryans had knowledge of seasons
- The early Aryans were engaged in animal husbandry and agriculture was their secondary occupation.
- The main asset of the Arya was the cow.
- The word ‘Vis’ is used for tribe 150 times in Rigveda.
- The meeting was a committee of some important people.
- Vajrapati was an officer in the meadow.
- ‘Kulap’ means the head of the family.
- ‘Gramin’ was the chief of the warriors. The head of the village
vedic culture in english quiz : Answer Key
- Which is considered to be the period of pre-Vedic or Rigvedic culture?
a) 1500 BC – 1000 BC vedic culture in english quiz
b) 1000 BC-600 BC,
c) 600 BC-600
d) None of these
Answer:- a) 1500 BC – 1000 BC
2.What is considered to be the period of later Vedic culture?
a) 1500 BC – 1000 BC
b) 1000 BC-600 BC
c) 600 BC-600 vedic culture in english quiz
d) None of these
Answer :- 1000 BC-600 BC
3.The literal meaning of the word ‘Arya’ is… (uppcs-2009)
a) Veer or warrior vedic culture in english quiz
b) superior or elite
c) sacrificer or priest
Answer :- b) Best or elite
4.Which one of the following statements about the early Aryans is not correct? (SSC Mat.2001)
a) They were Sanskrit speaking
b) they used to ride horses vedic culture in english quiz
c) They reached India in many herds
d) They mainly lived in cities
Answer :- d) They mainly lived in cities
- Which of these crops was not known to the people of the Vedic period? (SSC Mat 2001)
a) barley vedic culture in english quiz
Answer:- d) Tobacco
- By what name were the anti-Vedic and anti-Brahmin religious teachers of the post-Vedic period known? (SSC Mat. 2000)
b) Shraman vedic culture in english quiz
Answer:- b) Shraman
- An important part of Vedic Mathematics is….. (SSC Grad.1999)
a) Shatpath brahmin
b) Atharvaveda vedic culture in english quiz
c) Shulva Sutra
d) Chhandogya Upanishad v
Answer :- c) Shulva Sutra
- In which Veda the information about the culture of ancient Vedic age is given? (SSC Grad.1999)
b) Yajurveda vedic culture in english quiz
Answer:- a) Rigveda
- Which of the following is the correct sequence of the texts written in the later Vedic period?
a) Vedas, Brahmanas, Aranyakas and Upanishads
b) Vedas, Upanishads, Brahmanas and Aranyakas
c) Upanishads, Vedas, Brahmanas and Aranyakas
d) Vedas, Aranyakas, Brahmanas and Upanishads
Answer :- a) Vedas, Brahmins, Aranyakas and Upanishads
- How many types of Vedas are there?
a) 2 vedic culture in english quiz
Answer :- 4
- Which three Vedas are jointly called ‘Trayi’ or ‘Vedatrayi’?
a) Rigveda, Yajurveda and Samaveda
b) Rigveda, Yajurveda and Atharvaveda
c) Rigveda, Samaveda and Atharvaveda
d) Yajurveda, Samaveda and Atharvaveda
Answer:- a) Rigveda, Yajurveda and Samaveda
- From which Upanishad are the words ‘Satyamev Jayate’ used in the emblem of India taken? (RRB Mumbai cc 2005 Utt PSC 2005)
a) Mundaka Upanishad
b) Kath Upanishad vedic culture in english quiz
c) Isha Upanishad
d) Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
Answer:- a) Mundak Upanishad
- What was the main occupation of Rigvedic Aryans? (RRB Mumbai CC 2005)
a) Agriculture vedic culture in english quiz
b) animal husbandry
Answer:- b) Animal Husbandry
- It is called the scripture of Indian music…. (RRB Mumbai CC 2005)
a) Rigveda vedic culture in english quiz
Answer:- d) Samveda
- Who is the first law maker? (RRB Bhopal TC 2005)
a) Manu vedic culture in english quiz
d) Seleucus vedic culture in english quiz
Answer:- a) Manu
- The first and foremost scripture of Krishna Bhakti is … (RRB Colcatta ASM / GG 2005)
b) Shrimad Bhagwat Gita
d) none of these
Answer :- b) Shrimad Bhagwat Gita
- What is the main form of property in Rigveda? (RRB Gorakhpur ASM/GG 2005)
c) both a and b
d) none of these
Answer:- a) Godhan
- In which Mandal of Rigveda, Shudra is mentioned for the first time? (RRB Gorakhpur ASM/GG 2005)
Answer:- d) 10th
- What is the number of Puranas? (RRB Gorakhpur ASM/GG 2005)
Answer:- a) 18
- The main feature of Vedic religion was the worship of which of the following? (RRB Mahendrughat ASM/GG 2004)
c) Mother Goddess
Answer:- a) Nature
- For which deity is the word ‘Purandar’ used in Rigveda? (RRB Jammu ASM/GG 2004)
Answer:- a) Indra
- ‘Sulva Sutra’ is a book related to which subject? (RRB Allahabad ASM/GG 2002)
Answer:- a) Geometry
- Where is ‘Asato Ma Sadgamaya’ taken from? (RRB Allahabad ASM/GG 2002)
Answer:- a) Rigveda
- The Aryans came from outside India and were the first to settle _ (RRB Mumbai Tech. 2003)
a) in general
b) in Pragjyotish
c) in Punjab
d) in Panchal
Answer :- c) in Punjab
- Why are the Vedas called ‘Apaurusheya’?
a). Because the Vedas were created by the gods
b). because the Vedas were composed by men
c). Because the Vedas were composed by sages
d). none of these
Answer :- a). Because the Vedas were created by the gods
Which is the oldest Purana?
(7) Markandayapurana: It is considered the oldest Purana. In this Vedic gods like Indra, Agni, Surya etc. have been described.
How are Vedas and Puranas different?
That is, the knowledge which is briefly described in the Vedas, has been described in detail in the Puranas. Vedas are Apaurusheya and Aadi, which means they were not created by any human being. While Puranas have been said to be of both Apaurusheya and Paurusheya. That is, Puranas are man-made even though they are not man-made.
What comes in Vedic culture?
On the basis of Vedas, the source of information about this civilization, it was named as Vedic civilization.
(a) Division of Vedic period into two parts Rigvedic period – 1500-1000 BC. And later Vedic period – 1000-600 BC. has been done in
(b) There was another class of ‘Panis’ who were rich and did business.
(c) The favorite animal of the Aryans was the horse and the favorite deity was Indra
Who was the founder of Vedic culture?
The founder of this civilization was Arya, hence it is also called Arya Civilization.
What is the importance of Vedic culture?
The expenditure on the education of the Vedic period was met by the government, rich people and alms and Guru Dakshina. Physical, intellectual, moral, cultural, professional and spiritual development of humans was done through Vedic education. The curriculum of Vedic education was extensive
Read more :