Anushka Sharma Biography in English : Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress and film producer who has established herself as one of the most popular and highest paid actresses in India.
She made her debut in the film ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ opposite Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan. Since then he has worked with two other Bollywood superstars, Khan. With Aamir Khan in ‘PK’ and Salman Khan in ‘Sultan’, both films are among his highest grossing films.
She has worked with many leading actors of Bollywood, she is Shahid Kapoor in ‘Badmaash Company’, Ranveer Singh in ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ and ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Behl’, Akshay Kumar in ‘Patiala House’ and ‘Bombay Velvet’ and She appeared in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
He has also produced the films ‘NH10’, ‘Phillauri’ and ‘Pari’ through his production company Clean Slate Films. She has designed her own clothing line for women and has done endorsements with many top brands. As a philanthropist, she supports gender equality and animal rights.
Anushka Sharma Biography in English:
Family and early life:
Sharma was born in Ayodhya but his parents are from Garhwal, Uttarakhand. His father, Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma is an army officer and mother Ashima Sharma is a homemaker.
His elder brother Karnesh, formerly a state-level cricketer, is now serving in the Merchant Navy. He did his schooling from Army School and holds a degree in Arts from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. Later she moved to Mumbai to start her modeling career.
Anushka Sharma’s Education:
Anushka was born in Uttar Pradesh. But she grew up in Bangalore, so she did her schooling from the Army School in Bangalore, after which she graduated from Mount Carmel College in Arts.
She originally aspired to pursue a career in modeling or journalism and it was not her dream to become an actress. After completing her graduation, she decided to move to Mumbai to pursue her modeling career.
Marriage of Anushka Sharma:
Anushka Sharma was in a relationship with cricketer Virat Kohli since 2013, they met during the shooting of a commercial for the Clean & Clear brand. For many years, their affair and alleged breakup remained a hot topic for the media. The couple got married on 11 December 2017 in a private ceremony in Italy.
Career of Anushka Sharma:
Anushka Sharma started her career as a model. She was signed to Elite Model Management, where she was groomed by style consultant Prasad Bidpa. At the same time, Anushka took acting classes and auditioned for roles. She made her runway debut at Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps show and was later chosen as his final model for his Spring Summer 2007 collection.
Before being selected by Yash Raj Films Studio, she had advertised for brands like Silk and Shine, Whisper, Nathela Jewelery and Fiat Palio. He signed a three-film deal with Yash Raj Studios.
She debuted in Aditya Chopra’s romantic drama Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) in the lead role of Taani Sahni, a middle-aged young bride portrayed by Shah Rukh Khan.
She was praised for her role and received nominations for the ‘Filmfare Award’ for ‘Best Actress’ and ‘Best Female Debut’.
She next appeared as the leading lady in the crime-comedy Badmaash Company (2010), co-starring Shahid Kapoor, Vir Das and Meiyang Chang. Whose acting was appreciated by all.
After that he acted in his third film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ with Yash Raj Films. It starred debutant Ranveer Singh in a role that earned her a second Filmfare nomination for ‘Best Actress’.
She appeared in Patiala House (2011) opposite Akshay Kumar, in which her energetic performance was praised by critics. In the same year, she reunited with Ranveer Singh for the comedy-drama Ladies Vs Ricky Behl, which was a moderate success at the box office despite receiving mixed reviews.
She appeared in a supporting role in Yash Chopra’s last film Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif, for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Anushka played the lead role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s political satire Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola (2013). The film also starred Pankaj Kapur, Imran Khan and Shabana Azmi and received mixed reviews from critics.
Rajkumar Hirani’s religious satire PK (2014), in which Anushka Sharma ventured into television journalism. Zainini opposite Aamir Khan, who played the role of an alien. Proved to be a huge success in India and across the world.
Relying on the film’s success, he launched his own production company, Clean Slate Films, which debuted with the release of the thriller NH10 (2015), in which he played the lead role.
Anushka worked hard to portray the character of Jazz Noronha in Anurag Kashyap’s highly anticipated period crime drama Bombay Velvet (2015). But the film failed to impress the critics. She played a supporting role of a dancer aboard a cruise ship in Zoya Akhtar’s combi-drama Dil Dhadakne Do starring Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh.
Anushka then teamed up with Salman Khan for another Yash Raj Films film, the romantic sports drama Sultan (2016), in which she played the role of wrestler Arfa Hussain. He trained for the role for six weeks and learned to speak Haryanvi.
In 2016, Anushka appeared in Karan Johar’s blockbuster romantic drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai. In which played the female lead Alizeh Khan. Who is a free-spirited girl, who is trapped in love. She earned a Filmfare Best Actress nomination for her role and has been hailed as one of Bollywood’s most successful actresses.
In 2017, Anushka appeared in two films: the fantasy comedy Phillauri, which she also produced herself, and Imtiaz Ali’s romance Jab Harry Met Sejal opposite Shah Rukh Khan. Both the films failed to make an impact at the box office.
Anushka Sharma next starred in the supernatural horror film Pari (2018), which was a failure but was praised for her risk-taking attitude and willingness to explore different avenues. She has acted in Shah Rukh Khan starrer Zero, Sui Dhaaga with Varun Dhawan and Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanjay Dutt biopic Sanju opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
Achievements of Anushka Sharma:
- The Times of India listed her as one of the hottest vegetarian celebrities in Bollywood.
- She has been named on several occasions as “The Person of the Year” by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- In October 2017, Sharma launched her own clothing line called “Nush”.
- Sharma featured in Rediff.com’s list of “Best Actors of Bollywood” for Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and NH10 (2015).
- She was also included in the list of “Best Dressed Actresses of Bollywood” in 2012–13.
- In 2011, she ranked fifth in The Times of India’s list of Most Desirable Women.
- Since 2012, she has appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100, a list based on income and popularity of Indian celebrities.
- He has been cited as one of the most popular Indian celebrities on social media.
- In 2016, he featured in The Times of India’s list of “Most Engaged Hindi Film Actors on Twitter”.
- In 2018, Sharma appeared in Forbes Asia’s 30 Under 30 list and Fortune India’s “50 Most Powerful Women in Business.”
- In 2019, she again featured in Fortune India’s list of 50 Most Powerful Women in Business.
- In the year 2017, she was given the Star Dust Award for Best Actress of the Year for the film Yeh Dil Hai Mushkil.
- In the year 2019, she was given the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor Female Jersey Choice for the film “Pari”.
- In the year 2020, he won the Filmfare OTT Award for Best Series for Paatal Lok, Bulbul web series.
- In the year 2012, she won the Zee Cine Award for International Female Icon.
- In the year 2018, she won the Smita Patil Memorial Award for Best Actress.
As of 2018, Anushka Sharma charges Rs 8-9 crore per film. Anushka’s real estate is estimated at ₹170 crore, her annual income from films and various endorsements is ₹29 crore.
FAQs(Anushka Sharma Biography in English):
What is the name of Anushka Sharma’s father?
Anushka Sharma’s father Ajay Kumar Sharma has been an army colonel.
What is the date of birth of Anushka Sharma?
Anushka Sharma was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- Biography News Rashmika Mandanna Actress
- Jhanvi Kapoor Biography In English
- Tamanna Bhatia Biography In English
- Priyanka Chopra Biography in English
- Sara Ali Khan Biography in English
- Deepika Padukone Biography in English
- Madhuri Dixit Biography in English
- Shraddha Kapoor Biography in English
- Kangana Ranaut Biography in English
- Katrina Kaif Biography in English
- Kareena Kapor Biography in English
- Vidya Balan Biography in English